Because the Russia-Ukraine struggle enters its 116th day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions up to now on Sunday, June 19.
Get the most recent updates right here.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy visited front-line troops once more, together with close to Severodonetsk, praising troopers holding ahead positions as courageous and hardworking.
- The Common Workers of Ukraine’s Armed Forces says they’ve suffered a navy setback in Metolkine, to the southeast of Severodonetsk.
- Three Russian missiles destroyed a gasoline storage depot within the jap city of Novomoskovsk, stated the pinnacle of the regional administration.
- Russia is sending numerous reserve troops to Severodonetsk from different battle zones to attempt to achieve full management of the jap metropolis, which they management most of, stated Luhansk Governor Serhiy Haidai.
- NATO Secretary-Common Jens Stoltenberg has warned that the struggle in Ukraine may final years as he known as for state-of-the-art weaponry for Ukrainian troops.
- Two commanders who defended the Azovstal metal plant in Mariupol have been transferred to Russia for investigation, Russia’s state information company TASS reported.
- Ukraine’s defence intelligence directorate stated 5 Ukrainian civilians had been returned in a swap for 5 Russian prisoners. It didn’t say whether or not the Russians had been combatants.
- British Prime Minister Johnson warned of a necessity to organize for a protracted struggle, which meant making certain “Ukraine receives weapons, tools, ammunition and coaching extra quickly than the invader”.
- BP stays Rosneft’s greatest non-public shareholder regardless of having introduced its departure in February, stated Igor Sechin, head of the Russian oil main. BP couldn’t be reached for remark.
- Russia’s 2022 coal manufacturing may fall 17 p.c to 365.1 million tonnes and exports may lower 30 p.c to 156 million tonnes, Russian information company Interfax reported, citing the vitality ministry.