Because the Russia-Ukraine warfare enters its 119th day, we check out the principle developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions up to now on Wednesday, June 22.
Get the most recent updates right here.
- Russian shelling killed at the very least 15 civilians within the jap Kharkiv area on Tuesday, together with 5 within the metropolis of Kharkiv, the regional governor has mentioned, as Russia steps up assaults within the area.
- Russian forces have pushed deeper into the Donbas area, with Ukrainian officers saying the autumn of the front-line village Toshkivka, close to the strategically essential cities of Severodonetsk and Lysychansk.
- The UK’s defence ministry mentioned it’s extremely probably that Russia is making ready to deploy a lot of reserves to the entrance strains of the Donbas.
- A Ukrainian photojournalist and a soldier who was accompanying him once they had been killed within the first weeks of Russia’s invasion seem to have been “coldly executed”, Reporters With out Borders has mentioned, after an investigation into their deaths.
- Russia on Wednesday will mark the anniversary of the day Nazi Germany’s forces invaded the Soviet Union on June 22, 1941, with President Vladimir Putin on account of lay flowers to honour the lifeless.
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo will go to each Ukraine and Russia subsequent week to fulfill his counterparts and push for a peaceable decision to the battle, the Indonesian international minister mentioned.
- Russia’s ambassador to the US, Anatoly Antonov, mentioned his workplace has not obtained any requests from Washington concerning the two Individuals captured in Ukraine, in line with Moscow’s state TASS information company.
- Ukraine is about to change into an official candidate for European Union membership on Thursday in a symbolic however morale-boosting resolution following Russia’s invasion, ministers and diplomats have mentioned.
- Russian companies are more and more relocating from Switzerland – lengthy dwelling to middlemen serving to to match Russian producers with worldwide consumers – to Dubai on account of sanctions.
- Turkey is planning to host Russian, Ukrainian and United Nations officers for talks within the coming weeks geared toward resuming the export of grain that’s presently caught in Black Sea ports, in line with media stories.
- EU leaders goal to take care of stress on Russia at a summit this week by committing to additional work on sanctions, a draft doc confirmed, with gold amongst belongings which may be focused.
- Germany faces a sure recession if already faltering Russian gasoline provides utterly cease, an trade physique warned.