Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its 123rd day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions up to now on Sunday, June 26.
Get the most recent updates right here.
- Explosions have been heard within the Shevchenkivskiy district of the Ukrainian capital Kyiv, Mayor Vitali Klitschko stated on the Telegram messaging app, as Russian forces hit a residential complicated within the first assaults on the Ukrainian capital in weeks.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy says 45 Russian missiles hit vast areas on Saturday, together with the northern, southern and western elements of the nation.
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo says he’ll urge his Russian and Ukrainian counterparts to open dialogue throughout a peace-building mission and ask Russia’s President Vladimir Putin to order a direct ceasefire.
- Russia’s missile assault on Kyiv was meant to “intimidate Ukrainians” within the days main as much as a NATO summit, Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko stated.
- 4 G7 powers will ban Russian gold exports in a brand new bid to cease oligarchs from shopping for the dear steel to keep away from the influence of sanctions towards Moscow, Britain stated on Sunday.
- The G7 leaders are in Germany for a summit the place they’re anticipated to debate methods to extend strain on Putin whereas making an attempt to keep away from sanctions that would stoke inflation and exacerbate the cost-of-living disaster at dwelling.