Because the Russia-Ukraine battle enters its 124th day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed below are the important thing occasions thus far on Monday, June 27.
Get the newest updates right here.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated his nation wants a extra trendy air defence system after a sequence of lethal assaults on the capital, Kyiv, in addition to the areas of Mykolaiv, Chernihiv and Lviv.
- Greater than 100 our bodies have been present in a home within the Russian-occupied metropolis of Mariupol, the mayor’s adviser, Piotr Andryushchenko, stated.
- The TASS information company quoted a separatist official on Sunday as saying that Moscow’s forces had entered Lysychansk from 5 instructions and had been isolating Ukrainian defenders.
- On Saturday, the dual metropolis of Severodonetsk fell to pro-Russian forces.
- Leaders from the G7 held their first day of conferences, wherein 4 nations backed a ban on Russian gold – though it’s unclear whether or not there’s a consensus but.
- Zelenskyy is ready to affix the summit of G7 leaders in southern Germany on Monday by way of video name.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will attend a spherical of talks with the leaders of Sweden and Finland, in addition to NATO, on Tuesday earlier than the summit in Madrid, his spokesperson stated.
- Russia’s President Vladimir Putin will go to two small former Soviet states in Central Asia -Tajikistan and Turkmenistan – this week in what could be the Russian chief’s first identified journey overseas since ordering the invasion of Ukraine.
- Russia has missed the deadline on fee of its overseas foreign money sovereign debt for the primary time since 1918 amid Western sanctions over Ukraine’s invasion.
- The US is more likely to announce this week the acquisition of a sophisticated medium- to long-range surface-to-air missile defence system for Ukraine, a supply acquainted with the matter informed Reuters information company.
- Vitality ministers from the European Union will meet this week to try joint plans to combat local weather change and focus on emergency plans to scale back fuel demand amid additional cuts in provide from Russia.